The Marketing Communications Director will lead marketing, communications and digital/social media efforts for Penfield Children’s Center. The Marketing Communications Director will spearhead media and community relationships, acting as the first line of communication with press outlets, the public, and promotional partners. Reporting to the VP of Development & Communications, this position works as a part of a cohesive development team, in addition to working with colleagues throughout Penfield.
Participation in the Kohl’s Building Blocks program:
• Individual will provide agency leadership of all owned, earned and paid media activities connected with the Kohl’s Building Blocks program.
• Individual will serve as a liaison with the Hometown Partners team at Kohl’s and the organization’s communications agency of record.
• Develops and executes the Kohl’s Building Blocks program communications, marketing and interactive strategy.
• Create and lead the creation of an editorial calendar and content management activities for the Kohl’s Building Blocks interactive site, PenfieldBuildingBlocks.org.
• Working with communications agency of record, direct comprehensive marketing strategy to ensure broad reach of Kohl’s Building Blocks program including, but not limited to, community outreach and education program and interactive content throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
Responsible for marketing, communications, media and social media:
• Manage Penfield Children Center’s owned, earned and paid media activities to support brand awareness throughout southeast Wisconsin.
• Manage all owned media outlets including, but not limited to, PenfieldBuildingBlocks.org and PenfieldChildren.org, and all social media accounts connected to Penfield.
• Create content and design for annual report, spring and fall appeals
• Analyze/create company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy; be able to identify strategic weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements
• Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
• Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
• Monitor online posts that mention the company so they can mediate the impact of negative reviews and share positive testimonials with their current following to strengthen customer relationships.
• Produce and/or direct creation of all written content to all platforms, internally and externally, across the organization
• In collaboration with the VP of Development & Communications, help shape strategy and implementation for crisis communications as needed
• Develop and maintain an ongoing strategic communications timeline, to include deadlines for material development and dates for media announcements and partner communications
• Write press releases, media alerts, and other material for Penfield programs and events
• Create briefing documents and/or conduct interview preparation for staff prior to their engagement with media
• Attend community networking meetings and events as needed
• Align earned media strategies with paid and owned channels to build cohesive messaging
• Be on hand for on-site opportunities related to earned media
• Occasional evening and weekend work associated with special events
Responsible for management of Department(s) Budget:
• With the CFO and VP of Development and Communications, develop and monitor department budget.
• On an annual basis, make projections and recommendations for assigned department(s) budget for the upcoming year.
• On a monthly basis, review assigned department(s) budget to ensure that department (s) expenses are within the parameters of the adopted budget.
• Prepare reports and make presentations discussing successes, shortfalls as noted in line-item variances, as requested.
• College degree, preferably in internet marketing, communications, public relations or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills, systematic, proactive, patient, self-starter and works well under pressure. Ability to manage time efficiently and solves problems independently.
• Ability to be flexible and embrace changes within this position due to departmental priorities.
• Great verbal and written communication skills are required for this position
• Individual should be proficient in the Adobe Suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
• Experience managing Google Ad campaigns and analyzing data in Google Analytics.
• Organizing tasks to meet deadlines is essential for this professional role to meet marketing and business goals.
• Experience in website content management, specifically using WordPress.
• Experience utilizing social media platforms for marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
• Meeting vaccine standards as outlined in the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle during working hours
• Ability to lift or move objects of 25 lbs. or less
• Actively demonstrates a commitment to understanding and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people to achieve the goals of Penfield.
Lead with Love – We welcome everyone with compassion and empathy; patience and kindness.
To lead with love, we look for the best in our co-workers, our families, and ourselves.
Grow with Us – We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We believe there is always a better way asking questions that challenge the status quo, improve our process and make our work easier. Grow with us allows us to focus on how we can improve ourselves and, in the process, better serve the children and families in our care.
Better Together – Together, we can do amazing things. Children and families trust us and depend on us to work as a team to meet their needs. We are better together when we maximize our strengths, the gifts of our colleagues and the commitment of our amazing partners.
Do What it Takes – We are determined, motivated and adaptable. We solve problems. We own our work, our actions and our behaviors. We step up to help our co-workers, partners and our families. We do what it takes to get the job done right and done well.
Be Present – We bring our best genuine self to everything we do. Being present allows us to bring our passion and commitment to our work to ensure the best possible outcomes for Penfield
What we Do
● We communicate effectively, give feedback honestly and receive it with an open mind
● We use data and processes to drive decisions
● We celebrate success and learn from our mistakes
● We work to find balance in our personal and professional life
● We provide the same care and compassion to our colleagues and ourselves that we share everyday with the people we serve
Penfield Children’s Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.