On Friday, August 16, Penfield will host “Give 4 a Day” on Twitter in support of its campaign to raise funds for the Behavior Clinic an outpatient therapy program, in partnership with Marquette University, that provides treatment services to children under the age of 6 who have significant behavioral and emotional issues.
This year’s Behavior Clinic campaign features Ava, an adorable little girl whose story can be found in the “Meet our Kids” section of the website. Ava’s story is just one example of how the Behavior Clinic and its therapists meet a growing need as one of our community’s only providers of mental health services to children younger than 6.
“Give 4 a Day” is an effort to raise awareness about the Behavior Clinic on Twitter and encourage people like you to support its amazing work. And, the best part? Anyone can get involved! Whether it’s making a contribution securely through our website, or spreading the word to your social networks about the importance of the Behavior Clinic (or both), we invite you to play a part in “Give 4 a Day.” This year, the impact is even greater thanks to a generous challenge grant from the Weiss Family Foundation. Every dollar given to the Behavior Clinic between now and August 31 will be matched up to $5,000.
How can you get involved?
- Make a secure online donation to the Behavior Clinic here.
- Follow Penfield’s Twitter account, @PenfieldCenter, throughout the day on August 16 and participate in the conversation by retweeting and replying to tweets.
- Encourage those in your social networks to support the Behavior Clinic by directing them to our website to read Ava’s story and make a donation to the Clinic.
- Use the following hashtags: #BehaviorClinic, #Give4aDay, #Give2theBC.
- Be creative and persistent! Talk about us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr…any and every social media network of choice. Share pictures from our website and Facebook, share Ava’s story, share statistics about the Behavior Clinic, share a personal experience you’ve had with a child with emotional or behavioral issues, retweet all things Behavior Clinic. The social media sky is the limit!
Most of all, have fun and support a really great cause. We’re excited for you to be part of the conversation!
Need help thinking of tweets? Start with these:
In 2012 the #BehaviorClinic provided 335 kids under the age of 6 with mental health services. The need is growing in MKE! #Give2theBC
After treatment with the #BehaviorClinic, problematic behaviors in kids decrease. Just like Ava! http://bit.ly/16fEURG
Where do kids under the age of 6 with significant behavior and emotional problems find therapy? The #BehaviorClinic.http://bit.ly/MbXUqP
@MUEducation created a wonderful video of Ava & her family. What a great partnership w/ Marquette! http://bit.ly/17eBcoq #BehaviorClinic
In 2013, #BehaviorClinic staff plan to serve more than 500 kids & make 2,500 home visits. Your support can help! http://bit.ly/MbXUqP